Photomonth is an annual photography festival based in the east end of London.
The start of the festival is a photofair in Spitalfields market.
Items I found of interest this year included:
- Inkyroom an online giclee printer offering A4 prints for eight pounds.
- Printed.com offering stapled photobooks for 10 pounds.
- City of London and Cripplegate Photographic Society based on the Central line offering some excellent talks.
- Photojournalism course in east London. Presented by Robert Johns, the lead teacher at London College of Communications.
- Individual photographers selling prints and postcards. Some fantastic ideas for shoots in London. Best was a young Muslim photographer who had travelled the Punjab on her gap year. Stunning colour film shot on an OM10.
Very interested in the photojournalism course. Very cheap, but with a teacher I’d heard of. I think I may take the beginners class in January with a view to doing the intermediate class after that.